I am a System Performance Engineer and passionate in performance optimization to make things faster, reliable and scalable.
I am mostly dedicated in the following areas.
- Provide performance PoC(proof of concept) to help design high performance product
- Root cause analysis for performance issue
- Recommend tunings/code changes to resolve the performance issue
- Automate the performance work to improve efficiency
- Create performance tools including workload profiler, performance tracer and data visualization
The site is created to share
- learning process on performance engineering
- helpful resources and handy tools
- personal growth and thoughts from daily work
I would be glad if you find anything useful.
I enjoy learning new technology and the following are the technical skill track in recent years.
Software Development and Testing
- 2000-2006 : C, C++, ASP.NET, C#, web application development
- 2006-2007 : Java, backend development
- 2007-2011 : Storage, LAN/SAN, AIX/Linux/Solaris/Windows, Oracle/DB2/MS-SQL/MS-Exchange, filesystem/volume manager/high availability
- Performance benchmark using TPC-C, TPC-DS, VMmark, vxbench, iozone, etc
- Performance test automation with shell/awk script, python, NodeJS, MongoDB, Highcharts, etc
- Tools development with shell script, python, Grafana, Prometheous, etc
- Performance PoC/RCA in NetBackup, VxVM/VxFS/VCS/VxDMP, VMware and Docker container environment
- Performance benchmark using fio, vdbench, sysbench etc
- Performance PoC in baremetal, Openshift and cloud-native Kubernetes storage environment(e.g. Portworx, Ceph, OCS, Gluster, etc)
- Performance issue RCA using perf, ftrace, systemtap, blktrace, oprofile, etc
- Performance automation with Golang, Flask, AngularJS, Jenkins and Docker
And, the journey continues..
I can be contacted by email for any questions or personal messages.